new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
20141010_Kyrgyzstan_1609 Karakol | by Dan Lundberg
Back to photostream

20141010_Kyrgyzstan_1609 Karakol

Completed in 1895, the wooden Russian Orthodox Holy Trinity Cathedral replaces the stone original from 1872 that was destroyed by an earthquake in 1890. The Bolsheviks used the church as a club.

 

On Google Earth:

Russian Orthodox Holy Trinity Cathedral 42°29'20.73"N, 78°23'41.53"E

1,375 views
2 faves
0 comments
Taken on October 10, 2014