Ferris House in 1957
The Ferris House located in Spokane, Washington was designed in 1954 and construction was completed in 1955.

The house was designed by Bruce M. Walker and the landscape was designed by Lawrence Halprin.

The property is one acre and was originally part of a four acre estate built by Ferris' Uncle Frank Hyde Graves in 1906.

Joel and Mary Jean Ferris opened one of the first stores selling modern gifts, accessories and furniture in the United States. Joel, Inc. operated from 1950 to 2005.

The images in this set were taken by the architect in August 1957. A few of the images were taken in 1955 prior to completion of the landscape. The original medium format slides are in the Walker & McGough Collection located at the Museum of Arts & Culture in Spokane.

www.spokanemidcentury.com
36 photos · 569 views