Day 21: Miss You Like Hell
Welcome to "30 Plays in 30 Days," part of the DCPA NewsCenter's 2019 Colorado fall theatre preview.
Day 21: Aurora Fox’s “Miss You Like Hell”
• Running: September 20-October 13
• Written by: Quiara Alegría Hudes and Erin McKeown
• The story: In this new musical, Beatriz, an undocumented immigrant, arrives in Philadelphia to convince her estranged daughter, Olivia, to join her on a cross-country road trip to California. Along the way, they meet a mosaic of characters representing America’s diverse population. But the hard truth of Beatriz’s undocumented status and impending deportation to Mexico threatens to build a wall between the two women just as they are beginning to reconnect.
• Featured actor GerRee Hinshaw: “Sure, it's painfully relevant right now. But the storytelling goes beyond 'ripped from the headlines' and wraps us all in the arms of a mother and daughter reaching for one another. It's an American love story about the smallest – yet mightiest – things that bond us. Plus, Adriane will blow your mind.”
• Also featuring: Adriane Leigh Robinson, Stephen Day, Sharon Kay White, Dwayne Carrington, Runner Francisco, Jasmine Jackson, Corey Exline and Tom Littman
• Directed by: Helen R. Murray
• Where: 9900 E. Colfax Ave., Aurora
• Ticket info: 303-739-1970 or aurorafox.org
Check back here each day for a new featured production.
To see the whole series to date, go to flic.kr/s/aHsmGAEgnK
To see the full rundown of fall theatregoing options in Colorado, go here: dcpa.today/H8BNCL