flickr-free-ic3d pan white

Gadbury Fold Brickworks, Atherton

Gadbury brickworks, on the south side of Wigan Road from Gibfield Colliery, was named after the old Gadbury Fold Farm nearby. It was established by Fletcher Burrows and Co, owners of Atherton Collieries around 1914. The works closed around 1964 shortly after the colliery finished working.

535 views
0 faves
0 comments
Taken on July 20, 2008