Bell grist mill on the Nottawasaga river in Utopia, Essa township, Simcoe county, Ontario. This mill was built in 1904 by Richard Bell to replace a previous mill that burnt down in 1903 which he had purchased from James Spink. The original mill was built in 1860. The mill was initially driven by a turbine but was later switched to diesel after flooding burst the dam due to Hurricane Hazel in 1954. The mill closed operations in 1965 at which time Bell's son donated the mill to the Nottawasaga Valley Conservation Authority. Local residents evidently are hoping to restore this somewhat dystopian looking mill to its former Utopian glory as a working mill museum.