new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
The source and fountain of Romanin | by Chemose
Back to photostream

The source and fountain of Romanin

This source draws its name from the Roman era.

According to local tradition, the Roman lord Fussiacus established his camp near the source, hence the name of the village of Fussiacus, which became Fuissey and finally Fuissé.

The washhouse and the fountain date from 1722. The washhouse was rebuilt in 1848. This source never goes dry.

 

________________________________________________

La source et la fontaine du Romanin

 

Cette source tire son nom de l'époque romaine.

Selon la tradition locale, le seigneur romain Fussiacus établit son campement à proximité de la source, d’où le nom du village de Fussiacus, devenu Fuissey et enfin Fuissé.

Le lavoir et la fontaine datent de 1722. Le lavoir a lui été reconstruit en 1848. Cette source ne tarit jamais.

 

________________________________

Fuissé - Bourgogne du sud / South Burgundy - France

16,910 views
257 faves
19 comments
Taken on February 27, 2018