The highlight of the four- to five-storey building with its six inner courts is the Rathaus tower, with the Golden “Rathausmann” statue enthroned on top of its 98 meters. The coloss with 4.9 meters of height embodies Hercules as a patron, holding his right hand over the city in a protective gesture and outpouring with his left hand his cornucopia above the city. The famous Dresden artist Richard Guhr created this sculpture out of gilded copper plate between 1908 and 1910, using the artiste and wrestler Ewald Redam as his model. But time did not spare Hercules and so he had to be removed from its place for restoration in August 2004. In time for Dresden’s 800th jubilee in 2006, he will again guarding the city from his towering position.