University of Siena Chapel - Chruch of St. Vigil

    Newer Older

    The Church of St. Vigil's history begins in the 11th century with its founding by the Ugurgieri family, although rebuilt in 1218 after being destroyed by fire. There are various works of art in the church including pieces by the Biringuccui brothers, Francesco Vanni and Bartolomeo Mazzuoli. Today the church belongs to the Cappella Universitaria di Siena and functions as the school's church for faculty, staff and students. 
     
    Kayla Ernewein

    keyboard shortcuts: previous photo next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts