new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
UXBRIDGE-14 120512 CPS | by HHA124L
Back to photostream

UXBRIDGE-14 120512 CPS

Uxbridge Underground Station, relocated in 1938, designed by Charles Holden. The stained glass windows are by Erwin Bossanyi, and are of Middlesex, Buckinghamshire and Uxbridge UDC. The wheels are by Joseph Armitage, and are depicting upturned wheels and springs. The fag/cigarette machine is a wonderful survivor. The forecourt used to be a trollybus turning circle. More at:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uxbridge_tube_station

630 views
0 faves
0 comments
Taken on May 12, 2012