Earth-Me versus Earth-TLC
Nothing new here, just pondering changes in Lego's design language over the last few years, now that they've finally made a few superhero minifigs I can direct compare against. Ruminations as I plan some projects for 2015.
A few random observations:
- TLC certainly thinks superheroes are angry all the time.
- Official Wonder Woman's legs are actually light flesh printed on a red base, and I'm surprised they got the color match as good as they did on that piece (their flesh on dark substrate printing used to be terrible). Torso piece is also red and as a result the upper part of her torso looks weird (they also didn't get the color match correct there, compared to the legs)
- It's slightly hilarious that we all think flesh legs need extra care so that the minifig doesn't look like it's wearing a, er, thong.
- My face decals (WW and Superman) used to be way too wide. I've fixed that since then but these days with the huge numbers of light flesh heads and myriad expressions I probably wouldn't bother unless there was a mask involved
- Batgirl came out really, really different. I obviously like the classic yellow on black scheme better.