Armenian Orthodox Church in India
The Armenian Holy Church of Nazareth is the oldest church in Calcutta and in its compound is the oldest Christian grave in the city. It was built in 1707. The architect was an Armenian from Iran named Levon Ghevond. The belfry which also serves as the clock-tower, was erected by te Hazarmall family in 1734. In 1763 Agha Petrus Arathoon added two small altars.