Textured Glaze Teapot
This is my quick attempt at making a teapot test piece for a matte textured glaze I made. I know the teapot isn't good, the spout looks like an odd phallice, I'm aware. This is just a test for glaze, and also a test for a different handle. On my other teapots it bothered me how the branches grew together to form a handle. Trees do not often do that. With the handle broken it makes a lot more sense to me. Plus, in doing this teapot I realized that what I enjoy most making in the making process is the broken ends of sticks. That is a very helpful piece of information for me to know.
Please let me know what you think about the idea of the broken branch handle, compared to the natural growth handle, and also the glaze and how it shows the bark texture.