Sweet potato cinnamon spice bread
The addition of sweet potatoes in bread give it a tender crumb, keeping it soft and moist (:
1 large sweet potato (about 250g)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
50g unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
3 cups bread flour
1. Prick sweet potato all over with a fork. Microwave on high for 5 minutes under tender. Let cool, then slice in half and scoop out flesh. Mash the potato thoroughly.
2. Heat the milk until lukewarm. Add the yeast and let stand for 5 minutes until mixture is bubbly.
3. Add eggs, melted butter, brown sugar and mashed sweet potato. Stir to incorporate.
4. Transfer to bowl of heavy duty mixer fitted with dough hook. Add half the flour, all of the salt and cinnamon. Mix on low speed until incorporated. Add remaining flour and knead on med-low speed for 10min until dough is smooth and shiny.
5. Shape dough into a smooth ball. Place in a lightly oiled large bowl, cover bowl with a damp towel and let proof until double in size, about 1 hour.
6. Punch dough down and divide into three pieces. Shape into long rolls and braid. Place bread on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Let rise until double in size, about 45 min.
7. Brush with heavy cream. Preheat oven to 200C/400F.
8. Bake for 25-30min until browned slightly.