Late sixteenth century brass plates on the nineteenth century rebuilding of the original Gresham's School. One bears the date 1562, the year that the school opened. The Fishmongers' Company of London must have had them put up around 1580. The arms are those of Sir John Gresham and of the Fishmongers' Company.
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts