Mitcham. Hawthorn. Site plan of Willowbrook House
In 1883 Ernst Pustkuchen a merhcant from Adelaide built the grand italianate two stroey mansion at Mitcham Hawthorn to take advantage of the new train service to Adelaide. he caleld his house Willowbrook as it sits on the banks of Brownhill Creek. The ten roomed house was later renamed Frimley by another owner. Pustkuchen sold the house in 1897. After 1950 the Mitcham Council purchased the Belair road frontage to convert into a park and library.
Willowbrook now has small grounds but the fine stables coach houses and store rooms still exist too. It has recently been sold and renovated.