new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
1898 The Hauchton House - Dublin Zoo | by infomatique
Back to photostream

1898 The Hauchton House - Dublin Zoo

Recently re-opened, Haughton House at the zoo's centre was built in 1898 in memory of Samuel Haughton, Royal Zoological Society of Ireland secretary, a Trinity College professor, and noted science writer; it contained 10 wild animal 'dens', tearooms and a lecture room. The restoration brings an exciting new Learning and Discovery Centre, lecture facilities, a verandah and a balcony with views over the Kaziranga Forest Trail.

576 views
0 faves
0 comments
Taken on August 29, 2012