new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
The Luas Bridge In Dundrum | by infomatique
Back to photostream

The Luas Bridge In Dundrum

The Luas tram system passes through the town of Dundrum, over the large cable-stayed "William Dargan Bridge", at Taney Cross near the town centre. It is the biggest engineering structure on the line. The route was originally a railway line opened by the DSER. Closed in 1958, the alignment was preserved intact for several decades. Dundrum railway station opened on 10 July 1854, but was finally closed on 1 January 1959.[2]

214 views
0 faves
0 comments
Taken on December 19, 2009