HOLY CROSS COLLEGE - ALSO KNOWN AS CLONLIFFE COLLEGE Ref-204
Holy Cross College (also known as Clonliffe College), located in Clonliffe Road, Drumcondra was founded in 1854 as the Catholic diocesan seminary for Dublin by Cardinal Paul Cullen (1803–78)
The College is adjacent to the residence of the Archbishop of Dublin, just north of Croke Park Stadium. Clonliffe is the administrative headquarters of the Catholic Archdiocese of Dublin, and is used for retreats, conferences, meetings and courses. The Mater Dei Institute of Education College of Education was established in 1966 on part of the Clonliffe College campus, uses some of the resources of the former seminary such as the Sports grounds. A number of Dublin Diocesan bodies are based in Clonliffe College such as Crosscare which is located in the Red building. The Drug Awareness Programme, Crosscare, Clonliffe College, run the Certificate in Addiction Studies, from NUI Maynooth.