new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
beaarthur looks wistful | by insubordiknit
Back to photostream

beaarthur looks wistful

Yes siree, it's done! The bea arthur cocoon monstrosity is finally done. And come to find out, it's not such a monstrosity after all. I knit it on US11s, using 1000 yards of handdyed kid mohair, 80 yards of 2 wacky handspuns from a while back that just happened to match (for the vertical stripes), and 150 yards of 2-ply even handspun (for the seedstich band and cuffs. The pattern was made up as I went along. I have to tell you, it was dicey up until the very end. I really did this sweater to learn the provisional CO and to cement my short row skills, so I was only slightly grumbly as I knit it, thinking all the while that it was crap. Tacky, terrible crap. I felt that way up until I put the band all the way around it, it really tied it together and now I love it! Look at those sleeves! Wowsa! Forget tissue, I could hide scads of snacks, tampons, and tiny toy unicorns in there! Blanche, eat your heart out!

3 faves
Taken on June 11, 2006