One of the finest examples of the countryside mansion in the territory of Slovakia. It is also famous for the relation to Ludwig van Beethoven, personal friend of the Brunswick family, who reputedly wrote his "Moonlight Sonate" there.
Originally a Baroque mansion built between 1749 and 1756 by the imperial architect Johann Baptista Martinelli for Anton Brunswick. His son, Josef Brunswick, has rebuilt the mansion in 1792-96 according to the plans of Johann Josef Talherr. Another reconstruction has started in 1813, when Josef Brunswick requested a modern Classicist layout by young Italian architect Anton Pius Rigel. The works have been finished in 1828 and in the same time a large 100-hectares English park was established based on the project of the Belgian landscape architect Heinrich Niebben. Last noble owner, Countess Maria Henrietta Chotek, died in 1946 and one year later the property was confiscated by the state.