Merced Branch Archives
Designed by architects Appleton and Wolfard, the Merced Branch was the 25th in the SFPL system. Built at a cost of $137,511, it was constructed in 1957 and opened on January 24, 1958. The newly renovated branch opened on May 14, 2011. The renovation project was designed by Bureau of Architecture’s Library Design Studio, Department of Public Works, City & County of San Francisco at a cost of approximately $5.4 million.