San Francisco Public Library Branch Archives > Collections

Parkside Branch Library, located in McCoppin Park, originally opened on June 21, 1951. The architects were Appleton & Wolfard; Lawrence Halprin was the landscape architect. Contruction was by the Wm. Hortstmeyer Company. The cost of the building was $162,171. Parkside Branch Library was the 19th branch established in the San Francisco Public Library System.