San Francisco Public Library Branch Archives > Collections

This collection contains the archives of the Ingleside Branch of the San Francisco Public Library, collected by Ingleside Branch librarians since the late 1920s.

Ingleside Branch, the 11th in the system, opened in 1925. The neighborhood was served by a "library station" at several locations, including 422 Holloway Avenue, 1612 Ocean Avenue and 387 Ashton Avenue. On May 30, 2001 the library moved to a leased facility--the former Bank of America building, at 1649 Ocean (at Faxon). The eagerly anticipated new branch building at 1298 Ocean Avenue (at Plymouth) opened in 2009.