Bayview Branch Archives
This collection contains the archives of the Bayview Branch of the San Francisco Public Library, collected by Bayview Branch librarians since the 1970s.
The original Bayview/Anna E. Waden Branch Library was opened as a storefront facility in 1927. It was the 13th branch in the San Francisco Public Library system, replacing a "library station" that had been established in 1921. In 1969, a red brick building was built on the corner of the 3rd Street and Revere Avenue in the Bayview/Hunters Point district. With a bequest from Anna E. Waden, a clerical employee of the City of San Francisco. Miss Waden's gift of $185,700 paid for the development of this cooperative community project. The building was completed in February 1969, and the formal dedication took place on July 12, 1969.
The new Bayview Branch Library opened on February 23, 2013. The building was designed to meet Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certification with such green features as a living roof and solar panels.