Lakefront Trail detour/construction on Lake Shore Drive
This is one of the most congested segments of the Lakefront Trail.
The pedestrian path is cantilevered off the east side of the Lake Shore Drive bridge over the Chicago River and DuSable Harbor. It "broke" in September 2009 and a detour was made onto a travel lane.
The city installed metal plates over the open grates of the bridge deck, as well as a guardrail and reflective signs.
Read about my proposal alternative to the Navy Pier Flyover, a $45 million bypass structure, on Grid Chicago.
This photo is in 1 group
- Bicycle facilities 8,563 items
This photo is in 5 albums
- Lakefront Trail 107 items
- Navy Pier Flyover - alternative proposal 29 items
- Chicago bridges 167 items
- For Planning Blog 289 items
- Lake Shore Drive bridge and Lakefront Trail detour 24 items