Lambert Castle, Paterson, New Jersey
Lambert Castle, originally called Belle Vista, is located within the Garret Mountain Reservation in Paterson, New Jersey. The building was built in 1892 and was added to the National Register of Historic Places on June 3, 1976. Lambert Castle was built in 1892 as the home of Catholina Lambert, the owner of a prominent silk mill in the City of Paterson. Constructed in the Medieval Revival architectural style, Mr. Lambert's dream was to build a home reminiscent of the castles in Great Britain that he remembered from his boyhood years. President William McKinley and vice president Garret Hobart visited the castle in 1898.