flickr-free-ic3d pan white

Riddarholmen 1.4, Stockholm, Sweden

The island is first mentioned as Kidaskär (literally; Kid Skerry; and thus indicating the islet was mostly used to graze goats) in the Eric Chronicles (Erikskrönikan) from around 1325, which recounts how King Magnus Ladulås (1240–1290) had a Greyfriars monastery built on the island about 1270, asking to be buried in it in his will in 1285.

1,325 views
16 faves
2 comments
Taken on September 5, 2009