El regal que ens feu Gaudí / The marvel of Gaudí
La Sagrada Família per fi té un interior acabat: és una meravella, el fruit del geni únic d'Antoni Gaudí. Falten les paraules per descriure-ho.
This is the crossing and dome of the Sagrada Família basilica, Barcelona, Catalonia. The nave and columns look like a mix between a magical forest and a Star-Wars uber-starship.
The catalan basilica of La Sagrada Família (The Holy Family) is THE global icon of Barcelona. After more than a century building it (contruction work began in 1882), in 2011 the interior was finished and consecrated by the pope Benedict XVI. It's an incredible structure, fruit of the unique mind of Antoni Gaudí. The ceilings look like a spaceship, and the nave and columns, like a palmtree forest. Work began in 1882 and should be completed in 2026, like the medieval cathedrals of old.
I'm sure JRR Tolkien whould have loved this!
This photo is in 60 groups
- The Pritzker Architecture Prize on Flickr (Post 1 - Award 2) 116,687 items
- *Music To My Eyes*~L1 w/7 Levels ~Active Sweeper ! ~ P1 A5 ~ 898,056 items
- Our Old Europe 13,721 items
- " FLICKR Stars :: COMMENT OR BAN :: post 1 award 6: 331,412 items
- Structural Artists 7,879 items
- European Travel 170,645 items