flickr-free-ic3d pan white

պայքարել գոյության struggle for existence

Tsrvizi monastery (Armenian: Ծռվիզի Մատուռ) or Moro-Dzoro (Armenian: Մորո-Ձորո) located near the village of Lusahovit in Tavush Province, is a medieval Armenian monastery.

History

 

The monastery dates from the 5th-12th centuries. An inscription on its walls records that king Georgi of Georgia (1156–84) freed the monastery from taxes and endowed it with land. The dome of the Astvatsatsin church was rebuilt in 1213 by Atabek Ivane Zakarian. Nearby is the medieval settlement of Tsrviz, with khachkars. "place surreal "

13,591 views
237 faves
118 comments
Taken on February 9, 2013