Elk: Wildlife beauty in Jasper National Park.
Even better if you press L.
Lucky enough to see a herd of these magnificent elk as we drove through Jasper National Park a few weeks ago.
Jasper has a robust elk population numbering in the thousands. Highway 16 East, Highway 93, and the Maligne Lake Road are all excellent venues for seeing and photographing elk, and the town of Jasper itself is frequented by elk intent on eating the greenery in local’s yards and escaping the predators they would face anywhere else in the park.
For the best viewing opportunities, visit the park in the summer months to see the big bull elk in velvet along Highway 16 East or near Medicine Lake, or come in September and join photographers and wildlife watchers from around the world for the famous elk rut along the banks of the Athabasca River.
Have a wonderful weekend. Always happy to see you!
This photo is in 9 groups
- A+++ Photo (Post 1, Give 3 awards ONLY) Not commenting = Ban 522,590 items
- RED - Level No. 1 (Post 1, Award 4) 375,725 items
- MY FLICKR FAV's (Invite a Friends Photo) P1/C2 95,941 items
- Animals Images ( Post.2+Comment 5 )*Sweeper Active* 26,017 items
- SALVE A NATUREZA (Post 1 Award 1) 89,706 items
- **Heart Awards** (P.1 Award 5) Watch out! Sweeper about! 1,154,320 items
This photo is in 1 gallery
- Choice 7 photos