Los Angeles Historic -Cultural Monument No. 174. From its National Historic Landmark designation:
"Reginald Johnson with Lewis Wilson, Edwin Merrill and Robert Alexander completed Baldwin Hills Village between 1935-1942 during the Roosevelt Administration. Clarence Stein, consulting architect, contributed to the planning and development of the site layout, which reflects an innovative and humanistic approach in community housing for the Automobile Age."