Classic Car Show Event - Phoenix New York - Oswego County - Custom Ford
Ford Coupe 1935
The village was incorporated in 1848.
At around 11:00 pm on September 23, 1916, Phoenix was nearly completely devastated by a fire that destroyed most of the business district, killing 1 person. The fire knocked out use of the fire fighting pumps that the village relied on. The fire lasted until early morning of the 24th.
Oswego Canal Lock 1 is located beside Culvert Street, off Main Street (County Road 57). It was built around 1911, and has a lift of 10.2 ft (3.11 m) to the south. Just north of the canal lock is a heel trunnion single-leaf bascule bridge carrying Culvert Street which raises up when the downstream gates of the lock are opened in order to provide adequate clearance for passing 207