Boise Idaho - Boise City National Bank Building - Architecture - Richardsonian Romanesque
The Boise City National Bank Building is of Richardsonian Romanesque Revival style architecture. The outside of the building is made of sandstone quarried from Table Rock in the Boise Foothills. The sandstone walls are twenty-four inches thick. They took the first bank building down and used original stones from the first floor to build the first floor of the second bank on Eighth Street and Idaho Street. The second bank building is a four-story sand stone structure. The main vault door is 15 tons which is heavier than a Blue Whale.
The Boise City National Bank Building is also known as the Simplot Building. Tourtellotte and Hummel remodeled the banking area in 1913. Marble teller cages, ornamental plaster ceiling beams and cornices, marble-encased columns, and marble floors were part of this renovation. There are still some of these renovation elements in the Simplot Building. The bank was named in 1914.
Now known as 805 Idaho Building