Lincoln Nebraska ~ Gold's Department Store ~ Old Closed Departmentment Store
Gold and Company also referred to as Gold's was a department store located in downtown Lincoln, Nebraska. The store was founded in 1915 and quickly grew into one of Lincoln's dominant retailers throughout the 20th century. It merged with the Brandeis department store in 1964 and was closed for good in 1980.
Gold and Company was founded by William Gold. The original name was The Peoples' Store until Gold incorporated with his son in 1915, officially naming it Gold and Company. The department store had one location in Lincoln, Nebraska, which was built in 1924. The building grew as the business grew with additions in 1929, 1947, and 1951.