Western Maryland Railway Station
The Western Maryland Railway Station in Cumberland, MD opened in 1913 and served the railroad until 1959. The railroad built some impressive structures but had a more isolated and less successful route than the parallel B&O. The building is the last of Cumberland's two grand train stations and has been reused as the base for the Western Maryland Scenic Railroad. It also houses a National Park Service visitor center for the nearby C&O Canal.