I've been mulling over this 20 things about Me for a few days, and after a little encouragement from Susan last night I thought I should give it a go. I've really enjoyed reading everyone elses, so here goes...
1) I was born in Germany and my family migrated to Australia when I was 3. I used to get teased at school a lot for being German. I consider myself to be a true Aussie, and had a difficult time accepting my German heritage as a child.
2) We moved to Cooper Pedy for five years, when I was 10. Cooper Pedy is a remote South Australian country Opal mining town. My dad thought he would stike it rich, but of course, he didn't. It was a tough Man's town. Lots of dust, heat and flies. We had no TV, no air conditioning, no radio but we had some great times too.
3) My first job was a bank teller. I was also a training officer in Sales and Management skills, and an Instructional Designer.
4) I hate reading instructions and consider myself to be technically challenged. I often ask my kids for help when I get stuck on the computer!
5) My husband and I first met at work. I had to train him up and really didn't like him. But I noticed what beautiful hands he had. Love took over at some stage.
6) We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary this year and am really happy. I love my man, he is my rock and am looking forward to the next 25 years together.
7) We have two children. Jarrod is 17 and Lauren is almost 14. They are great kids, well grounded , and I am so proud of them.
8) I am in constant denial of my age. I hate having a birthday every year. We have a running joke in our family that I turn 32 every birthday. I don't want to get old.
9) I love going to the Gym. I do cardio and cycling classes.
10) I have a thing for cheese. I've got to have it every day. Normally around 4pm just after we get home from school pick up.
11)My husband runs our family business and I work for him a few days a week. People often ask me how do we manage to work together, but when its your own business you have to make it work. We have a joke that he's the boss at work, and I'm the boss at home.
12) I am a tea drinker, and a coffee snob. I can't drink instant coffee. I make my own espresso coffee with frothy milk. Yum!
13) I love travelling. My husband and I travelled quite a bit before we had the kids. Last year we had 5 weeks in the US with our kids and another family. All up we were a group of 4 adults, with 5 kids. It was such fun. My favourite spots were New York, San Fransisco and Yosemite National Park.
14) I enjoy going to rock concerts. The most memborable was the Rolling Stones at the Enmore Theatre in Sydney. For a bunch of old dudes they know how to put on a great performance. I've even been to a couple of Big Day Out events. Next week we're going to see INXS at a little pub.
15) I'm the youngest of four kids. I have two brothers and one sister. I have a difficult relationship with my sister. We just do not get along.
16) I love to sew, knit and just recently have taken up crochet. I first began quilting 16 years ago and I've lost count of how many I have made.
17) I am shy. I hate being the centre of attention and I hate large crowds.
18) I hate gossip. I don't listen to it and I don't engage in it. Its just too nasty.
19)I bought my first DSLR last Christmas and I am having so much fun learning how to use it.
20) Finally, like all of you, I love Blythe. I only discovered Blythe dolls last August through Janelle Wind. I started on Flickr at the beginning of the year and I so enjoy seeing everyone's beautiful girls. I wish I had discovered Blythe dolls a lot earlier. Sometimes I feel like I have a lot of catching up to do, and that I have hit the ground running. I have already made some lovely new flickr friends and am humbled by the genuine nature of so many of you.
Thanks for reading, I hope you have gotten to know me a little better.