Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church--Detroit MI
This Gothic Revival church was built in 1933 using limestone blocks that built Detroit's old Post Office. This building replaced a frame church built for the congregation in 1882. The architects were the firm of Maul and Lentz.
The parish was organized by immigrants from West Prussia.
Services were originally conducted in German; services in English did not occur until 1925.
As an aside, does anyone find it ironic that a church should be located on a street named Military? Perhaps not. "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God" was written by Martin Luther.