Thompson Home (Formerly Thompson Home For Old Ladies)--Detroit MI
This 1884 Queen Anne structure is an early work by noted local architect George D. Mason. The home was established as a care facility for older women by philanthropist Mary Thompson. The building is now owned by Wayne State University and houses the School of Social Work. It is a contributing property to the Warren-Prentis Historic District and is also individually listed on the National Register.