NJ - Ridgewood: Archibald-Vroom House
Built about 1789 by John M. Archibald on a 26 acre farm. Later owned by Peter J. Hopper who started a small store in the 1830's, the first on the avenue. Vicotrian improvements were made in the 1880's. William L. Vroom, a noted physician, purchased the house in 1892 and established Ridgewood's first hospital in the adjacent frame wing. The old farmhouse has been expanded and remodeled over the years.
New Jersey State Register (1980)
National Register #84002596 (1984)