NYC: Fulton Street Subway Station
The Fulton Street Subway Station, serving the 4-train and 5-train along IRT Lexington Avenue Line, is part of the Fulton Street/Broadway-Nassau Street station, linking to the BMT Nassau Street Line, the IRT Broadway-Seventh Avenue Line, and the IND Eighth Avenue Line. Opened on June 12, 1905 and designed by Heins & LaFarge, with egineer William B. Parsons, the Fulton Street Station crosses Fulton Street at Broadway.
The southbound platforms incorporate an ornate entrance to the building at 195 Broadway, and the station features a mosaic of the steamboat built by Roert Fulton.
The Fulton Street Subway Station was designated a landmark by the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission in 1979.