Harris Tire Co. (1928), R. S. Gerganoff, architect -- 114 East William, Ann Arbor. [Present location of the Beer Depot]
Ann Arbor historian Susan Wineberg supplies this photograph of the newly-opened Harris Tire Co. store, which was built in 1928, attached at the rear to the former dwelling of druggist and manufacturer Ottmar Eberbach, at 402 South Fourth Avenue. Eventually the tire store expanded from the former backyard of the Eberbach house into the ground floor, and tires were displayed in what had been the formal parlor of the post-Civil War-era dwelling. The photograph was taken by Korwin, a commercial photographer who in 1928 also recorded the opening of Ann Arbor's Michigan Theater.