Mod Sampler Quiltalong: Completed top

Here's my finished top for the quiltalong. I took considerable liberties with Elizabeth's layout because I found my two green pairs created big clusters of green when I arranged the blocks as suggested. It was a difficult puzzle, and I'm still not sure it's exactly right, but since it's sewn together, I formally pronounce it perfect in every way.

 

I made the border .5" wider than I expect the finished product to be. I like to do this every chance I get — I feel it gives me more leeway in squaring up at the end, and means I don't have to worry about not having enough fabric on the edge after quilting for the binding to get a good bite.

463 views
3 faves
7 comments
Taken on April 5, 2009