PeterPan - Sefton Park
Cast in bronze, surrounded by fairies and animals, he was a gift to the children of Liverpool. Designed by Sir George Frampton and presented by George Audley in 1928, the statue has remained a favourite with children of all ages ever since. In December 2005 the statue was returned to Sefton Park after a five year restoration at the National Museum's Liverpool Conservation Centre. Its new home is just outside the Palm House where, hopefully, it will never again be vandalised.