new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Bonwit Teller headquarters NYC now Trump Tower stands in its place | by PatricksMercy
Back to album

Bonwit Teller headquarters NYC now Trump Tower stands in its place

once called Stewart Dept store, opened in 1929 became Bonwit Teller in 1930 with 225,000 sq feet of shopping. Andy Warhol worked here as the art director, and Calvin KIein began his line at Bonwit Teller. Deco store torn down for Trump Tower, small Bonwit store opened in it, but the company went bankrupt in the late 80's. Known for the Violet flowers, the awnings that appeared in the 1960's were white with violets on them.

4,015 views
5 faves
4 comments
Taken on May 17, 2010