new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
The Narragansett | by Bud in Wells, Maine
Back to photostream

The Narragansett

Overlooking the beaches in Kennebunk, the Narragansett By The Sea Condominiums began as a hotel of the same name and was built by John Curtis in 1905. Although one of twelve resort hotels constructed between 1879 and 1920, it is the only large resort hotel structure which predated 1940 and still remains. It stands on what is known as Oake's Neck, a rock promontory. The Narragansett was closed in 1979, sold by the Wentworth family, and converted to condominium units.

1,697 views
13 faves
11 comments
Taken on October 15, 2017