Greenfield Town Meeting House
Meeting house in Greenfield, NH. Inset is the historical marker at the front of the building. It reads:
"The oldest original meeting house in New Hampshire serving both church and state. The frame, built from local timber by resident Hugh Gregg, was raised by one hundred volunteers from the village and surrounding towns on September 16, 1795. This fine old structure has served the people of Greenfield continuously since that time as a gathering place for them to worship their God, to legislate their town's civil affairs and to enjoy the company of their neighbors."
This photo is for the New Hampshire Historical Markers project. Follow the link for more glimpses of New Hampshire history.