Kaukapakapa: Co-operating Church (c.1880) (2)
The rear view from the very interesting cemetery...
In 1864, the first Wesleyan Methodist Church was erected on this site. In 1880 it was moved across the road to be used as a gum store, and the present church was built.
The vestry at the rear was added in 1977. The Sunday School Hall to the side was erected in 1919 and added to in 1955.
The church remained Methodist until 1975, when it amalgamated with the Anglicans to become a Co-operating Parish.