British Extracting Company, Hull
This listed building is situated on the River Hull. The English Heritage record says "KINGSTON UPON HULL TA0930 DALTON STREET 680-1/15/127 (West side (off)) 15/11/93 Former British Extracting Company silo and attached receiving house II Silo at oil extracting mill, and attached receiving house. 1919, by Gelder & Kitchen of Hull. Brick with ashlar dressings. Roof not visible. Baroque Revival detailing. Cornice and coped parapet. Pilaster buttresses above the third floor. 6 storeys plus attics; 11x6 bays. Main block is windowless. Ground floor has 10 blocked openings to south, and 3 segment-headed glazing bar windows to west. Attic storey has 11 similar windows to north and 6 to west. On the south side, the parapet has raised lettering reading "British Extracting Co. Ltd.". At the corners, the pilasters continue above the cornice to form squat towers, with ashlar bands, caps and cornices. At the south-west corner, a rusticated ashlar tower, single stage, with round-arched openings and keystones, topped with a water tank. Attached to the south-west corner, a receiving house in the same style. 4 storeys; 3x3 windows. Projecting corner pilasters above the second floor, raised above the parapet to form coped towers. Open ground floor carried on steel joists and cast-iron columns. To west, 3 segment-headed glazing bar windows on each floor. To south, similar openings fitted with ventilators. North side has, to left, a loft door on each floor, flanked to right by a single window on the first floor and 2 windows on the upper floors. INTERIOR is divided by cross walls into storage bins. The receiving house was used for transferring material from road and river into the silo."