Studebaker Tippecanoe Place_09
Side view of Tippecanoe Place, as seen from Taylor Street.
Built in 1889 as the home of Clement Studebaker, one of the founders of the Studebaker Brothers Wagon works, which later made Studebaker automobiles. Now the home of Tippecanoe Place Restaurant.
From the restaurant's website:
Tippecanoe Place, with four main levels totaling 40 rooms and 20 fireplaces, is the embodiment of everything great wealth in the late 1800's could suggest. The 26,000 square-foot mansion was designed by Henry Cobb and built by local craftsmen. Work on Tippecanoe Place was completed in 1889 at a total cost of $250,000.