Another close-up detail of part of a huge Stained Glass window in the new Coventry Cathedral, in the Midlands, England.
The Baptistry window has Stained Glass by the artist John Piper and contains 195 panels of brilliantly coloured glass
The original Gothic Cathedral was bombed on the night of November 14th, 1940, during the second world war and destroyed.
A new Cathedral rose from the ashes, linked to the ruins of the old shell, architect Sir Basil Spence.
To link to a view of the Baptistry Window, and the original charred cross of reconciliation in the burnt out shell of the old Cathedral link below :